Friday, August 04, 2006

Tourism Malaysia.. (Episode 1)

Yesterday, I had to go to the court..


Uncle Foong in trouble?
Hey! watch out uncle in the lorry.. i'm a criminal!

Judgement day..

No, its not that I’ve done anything wrong (no rapes, no murders, no robbery..) nor am I a lawyer by profession

I just had to go there to get a document signed..


So, since I’m here, I thought that I might as well give you guys a cover about this place, in case anyone of you happen to drop by for a visit.. Anyway, Malaysia’s tourism year is just round the corner..


Let’s start with its architecture..


Its simple exterior would generally leave its visitors no second thoughts that this would be the place that baddies would wanna stay away from. Also, during certain peak hours I’ve heard, it’s really packed, as all the ‘keh poh’ uncles and aunties wanna see if they can be part of the headlines’ background pics..


Soon as I stepped in, the cold air-con freeze hit my face, which gave me a good feeling at first then later on froze my ass of when I stayed longer inside. Perhaps it is due to the lack of organisms in the building that caused the air to be so breezy. On second thoughts, I guess it’s the air-con.. Anyway, the smell inside was like the smell of the fizzy root-beer drink, which is a joy to smell if you are a soda addict..


The interior is as basic as how all courtroom looks like, though I should say that accessibility is quite poor, especially if there is a limp around.. Hey, crooks can be ‘pai ka’ one okay., Where are the lifts and escalators?

Watch your steps..

As I was there, a session was going on there.. I didn’t managed to get a snapshot of how it may be inside and I seriously feel that it is really rude to just budge in and stake a snap and come out..


What's happening in there?

The signage was clearly indicated, but I’ll have to say, some are disappointing.. like one I was really attracted to, a sign of "toilet" with the arrow pointing right (->) while having a door at the same direction which is in fact NOT a toilet but the courtroom which I did not want to budge in earlier..


Yes, i know where the surau and the majistreet court is, but where is the loo?

So overall I would say on behalf the Malaysian Tourism board that this courthouse rates 4 out of 10.. Thus, it is recommended that you think twice before visiting here unless you really don’t have the choice..


Come at your own risk..

By the way, I bought two of the most expensive stamps in my whole entire life yesterday.. it farkin cost me RM 10 each and RM 20 for two!! And all this while I thought stamps only cost 20 cents...



OMFG! i will NOT let my kids have a hobby of collecting stamps next time..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like looking at really expensive stamps check this site out. Wow, do they have some expensive items! Only for the truly hard core stamp collectors though. :)